Harvey Weinstein Takes Leave Of Absence After New York Times Expose Blows The Lid Off Decades Of Sexual Harassment - DailyFashionStyl
BANNER 728X90

Thursday 5 October 2017

Harvey Weinstein Takes Leave Of Absence After New York Times Expose Blows The Lid Off Decades Of Sexual Harassment



Does this come as a surprise to anyone?



Harvey Weinstein is taking a leave of absence after a bombshell New York Times article exposed the studio boss' decades of sexual harassment and subsequent settlements.



The piece revealed that Weinstein once asked Ashley Judd if she wanted to watch him shower during a breakfast meeting at the Peninsula hotel. He paid actress Rose McGowan $100K for an unknown incident shortly after she appeared in Scream, and there were over seven other women he'd settled with over the years.



Most recently, the movie industry big wig payed out Italian model Ambra Battilana, who accused him of groping her and reaching up her skirt in 2015.



Judd recalled her experience with Weinstein in a Variety article in 2015, but declined to mention his name.



"I was with a bunch of other actors, and it was critical that it was actors: The exact same thing had happened to them by the exact same mogul. Only when we were sitting around talking about it did we realize our experiences were identical. There was a mutual strengthening and fortification of our resolve. The ultimate thing when I was weaseling out of everything else was, 'Will you watch me take a shower?' And all the other women, sitting around this table with me, said, 'Oh my god—that's what he said to me too,'" she recounted.



Weinstein just released the below statement:

"I came of age in the 60's and 70's, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then. I have since learned it's not an excuse, in the office - or out of it. To anyone. I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed. I appreciate the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I'm trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go. That is my commitment. I've brought on therapists and I plan to take a leave of absence from my company and to deal with this issue head on. I so respect all women and regret what happened."


He is currently married to designer Georgina Chapman and the couple has two young children.



Guys like this are only sorry when they've been caught!

from X17 Online http://ift.tt/2xkAS0z

No comments:

Post a Comment